Hotmail is not just a great messaging service, it can also work as a great social web, which may help us to find people by likes and dislikes that we may have in common, and even send messages to them (well, that’s kind of obvious since Hotmail is mainly a messaging service). Hotmail itself gives us a profile so we can identify ourselves in the system and share our interest with other users as well, and we can also modify it.
One of those things we can modify are preferences we may have about something, and those are mostly likes and dislikes. To configure this we must first log-in to our Hotmail account, and once we’ve successfully logged-in to Hotmail, we must head to our profile, which link will appear under our name in the top right corner of the page. Once you’ve clicked on it, a new page will load, leading you to your profile. On this page you can change many options, but to change details about your preferences you must click on “Edit Details”, loading a new part of the page. On this you have a big deal pf options you can change to customize your account, like favorite movie, singer, book, among many other things.
Once you’re done changing these preferences, you must click on “save” to finish the process and apply all the changes you’ve made to your profile. Remember that these new-made changes will help you to catch more people’s attention, some that will share the same interests as you do, and you may even find great friends who you can share your hobby with. The friendlier you get in here, the better for getting new friends will be.
Having a safe password is a must-have when you have a hotmail account, since this will help you to keep your personal information safe against informational thieves and hackers. This may sound complicated at first, but is not that hard if you follow a few tips we have to offers, specially because these may help you create the safest password around, even the best of the hackers would have some troubles trying to figure out your password.
These tips aren’t hotmail’s exclusive tips, because they can be used to other kind of sites, live Facebook, Badoo, Yahoo, almost every single webpage that will require you to have a password (which means, almost every site you may have to register to access some special services). To have a safe password, have in mind the following tips:
• Do not use easy-to-guess passwords, like birthdays, girl/boyfriend’s name, or anything you’re an extremely fan of (like, if you’re a great fan of Spider-man and your account can clearly show people that, don’t use “Spiderman” as your password).
• Never ever reveal your password to anyone, since you don’t know when a link may brake between you and that person, and that person can choose to take revenge on you by disrupting your accounts.
• Add hard-to-guess patterns to your password, like mixing capital with regular letters to your password, or even numbers (if you want to choose Spiderman, try doing $p1d3rM4N instead).
• Try not to write password on papers or files in the computer, try as much to remember instead of writing.
• Avoid having the “remember password” option on in your web browser.