One of the most important subjects to discuss about life in internet and the safety in some services is how to keep you accounts safe in every moment, something really hard to do with nowadays hackers and maybe lack of interest from people about changing their privacy settings and security options. But Hotmail always has something to offer to their users, and they keep to advancing to reach the best and safer working messaging service.
Having unauthorized access to our accounts would be even harder through years goes by, but nowadays we can just create random passwords and security policies to keep our accounts the safer we can, and Hotmail has the best tools for that. The first and best option is to enable the option that would reset our password every 72 days, making it eve hard to figure it out. Also, the Hotmail itself will tell us how safe our password is, indicating it with levels. To do this we must first log-in to our Hotmail account, and once you’ve done that, head to “more options” that will appear when you click on “options”.
After the page has loaded, click on “Account Details” under the “Manage your Account” title. The page may ask you to re-insert you password, but if it doesn’t a new page will load. On this, just head to where it says “password” and click on change. A new page will load again and you’ll be able to configure it as you wish. When you’re done, click on “Save” and you’ll be taken to the previous page. One this one you can also Link your ID of one account to another, just in case you don’t want to log-in and out many times to check your mails.
By configuring this options a bit you can make a really safe account, or accounts, and prevent your personal information to be lost. It’s just up to you to configure it as you please.
Having your Hotmail account locked may be a pain in the ass, and unlocking it must be done if you’re someone who relies in that, even though you may have broken any rules at any point in the time if Hotmail’s team locked your Hotmail account. Unlocking it may be hard, but with a simple guide we may help you unlocking it.
First of all, the following instructions must be done using Internet Explorer, so even though you don’t like it, if you use another web browser it won’t work:
1. Log in to your Hotmail account using your account and password.
2. A nee page will load, indicating that our Hotmail account has been locked.
3. We’ll look in the bottom of the page, where it says “English”, click on it.
4. There will be many languages to choose, just choose “English” again and the click on “Save changes”.
5. A new page will load; here we can just click on “Continue”.
6. The initial page will load again, just click on “Continue”.
7. In the following page you’ll be able to select your country and write our cellphone’s number, and that’s what we’ll do, and when everything is done click on “Send code”. But at this time it can also came an alternative hotmail account, and if our current one is not being used and cannot be used anymore, just go to step 10.
8. If our country was in the list and you didn’t have any troubles, you’ll receive a new SMS to your cellphone. If not, go to step 10. At this point we must insert the code we received and click on “Continue”.
9. Now we just need to put both our old password and a new one and our hotmail account is going to be unlocked for us to use.
10. If you had problems with the SMS, don’t worry, you’ll just have to put some extra info for your account to be unlocked. Instead of selecting our country’s region for the SMS this time, we’ll click on Costumer Support.
11. Now we’ll need to put our hotmail account (the one with the problem), and another hotmail account to be kept on contact with the Support Team.
12. Now you’ll be asked for many types of information, just fill them as much as you remember, or as close too, this will help the Support Team to solve your problem.
If you ever had a Hotmail Plus or a Xbox Live account you’ll need to fill the credit card part (don’t worry, this is no kind of fraud, it’s just to verify that this account is truly yours). You’ll have your hotmail account unlocked in around 72 hrs.
This steps will help you unlock your Hotmail account, just follow them carefully and you’ll get to something.